FLETCHER AVIATION COMPANY

Began in 1941 as Fletcher Aviation Corporation, developing FBT-2 trainer and CQ-1A two-seat target-control aircraft. FL-23 two-seat observation/liaison aircraft built for 1950 USAF competition, followed in 1953 by FD-25 Defender light ground-support aircraft. FU-24 utility agricultural aircraft introduced 1954, developed for New Zealand, where 100 were assembled by James Aviation Ltd. Acquired byAJ Industries in 1960 and briefly renamed Flair Aviation before assuming name as above. Introduced FU-24A six-seat passenger/cargo version. Manufacturing and sales rights for FU-24 series sold to Air Parts (NZ) Ltd. in 1964.

 

Index Facebook Search Index Facebook Search